When is a Sinner Saved?
Men have debated this questions for millenniums. Most of the controversy
stems from manís effort to reconcile the temporal to the eternal. Living in a
world of time and space, he tries to define the when in this question as a
single event! Scripture settles all controversies. So, what sayeth the
1. Godís elect were saved in the covenant of grace established by God in
eternity past. II Timothy 1:9; Is. 45:17; II Thes. 2:13.
2. Godís elect were saved when Christ bore their sins on Calvaryís Cross 2000
years ago. Rom 5:9-10; Jer. 23:6.
3. Godís elect are saved when they hear the gospel as the gospel and are made
willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Titus 3:5; Eph 2:8; Rom. 10:9-13.
4. Godís elect are continuing to be saved as they are kept by the power of
God to keep coming in faith to Christ. Is. 64:5; I Peter 2:4.
5. Godís elect will be saved when they are taken to glory to see their Savior
face to face and be made like Him (sinless). Rev. 12:10; II Peter 3:12-15; I
All five of these glorious truths (Election, Redemption, Regeneration,
Sanctification and Glorification) are necessary for a sinnerís salvation. Let
others speak of when they ďgot savedĒ. We donít hang the hopes of our salvation
on one subjective experience in time. Our faith is in Him who does all the
saving. We have been saved; we are being saved; and we shall be saved. ďAnd
being made perfect He became the author of ETERNAL SALVATION unto all them that
obey Him.Ē Heb 5:9.